Dr Sam Collins, CEO and Founder, Aspire writes:
Over the past 22 years of Aspire, I have been blown away by the extraordinary yet everyday women who let us know about the projects they are doing that make a difference to women and girls. Often these projects are done in addition to their day jobs and are born out of a passion and desire to see change. One of the biggest challenges is often raising visibility of this work and receiving the positive acknowledgement that they truly deserve.
As part of our efforts to empower and inspire women, we are seeking to raise the profile of amazing women and organisations that are doing work that contribute to gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls. This could be individuals, corporations, businesses, charities or governmental organisations.
We will feature the person and their project on our website homepage as part of our campaign aligned with UN Sustainable Development Goal 5 “To Create Gender Equality and Empower All Women and Girls”.This campaign will cover the following areas:
- Ensuring full participation in leadership and decision-making
- Universal access to reproductive health and rights
- Equal rights to economic resources, property and financial services
- Promoting the empowerment of women through technology
- Adopt policies and legislation for gender equality
- Valuing unpaid care and shared domestic responsibilities
- Ending discrimination against women and girls
- Ending violence against women and girls
- Eliminating harmful practices such as forced marriages and genital mutilation
- Something else, you let us know!
We will provide visibility of 10 projects to our community of over 250,000 people across the world. It will also serve as a source of inspiration and ideas for others who might like to do work in these areas.
If you are interested and would like to have yourself and/or your organisation featured, then please contact us for more information. We are looking for 10 projects and will choose those who we believe are most aligned with our mission.
For further information about Aspire please click here