How can I get a course accredited?

The IED offers accreditation of academic courses at Higher and Further level, which meet the academic requirements and specific learning outcomes for any one or a mix of any of the following:

  • Membership of the Institution
  • Registration as a Chartered Technological Product Designer (CTPD)
  • Registration as a Registered Product Designer (RProdDes)
  • Registration as an Incorporated Engineer (IEng)
  • Registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng)

The IED holds a licence from the Engineering Council to accredit courses on their behalf. In order for accreditations to be successful a programme must meet the learning outcomes for the appropriate level of membership and/or registration. These links give further details:

If you wish to apply for accreditation of your programme, please click here to download the IED Accreditation Process guidelines and click here to download the initial submission form. To receive the full application documentation or to find out more, please contact

Contact Us